House Deemed Total Loss After Fire

Fire dept logo

COLWELL- Fire crews responded to a house fire Saturday in Colwell. The fire call came in around 6:30pm at 1714 Shadow Avenue. Colwell Fire Chief Lon Isakson says there were no injuries and no one was in the house at the time of the fire.

No specific cause is known at this time, however fire crews suspect it might have something to do with electrical wiring. Crews were on the scene for over 4 ½ hours. The house and all its contents were deemed a total loss.

Assisting the Colwell Fire Department was Charles City Fire, Floyd Fire, Search and Rescue, AMR, Emergency Management, and the Sheriff’s office.

Angela Barton

Angela is an Indiana native. She graduated from Ball State University with a BA in Telecommunications (Broadcast News Emphasis). Since she was young, Angela has always enjoyed radio. In college, she had a weekly shift at Ball State's radio station WCRD where she compiled campus news. Most of her college friends wanted to become television news anchors, but Angela knew she would enjoy radio best. She lives in Charles City with her husband...who is also a reporter.

Top