RUDD/MARBLE ROCK, IA -Floyd County is updating their Multi-Jurisdictional Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan and is hosting public meetings to discuss the update with the communities.
This plan helps us by establishing a foundation for a community’s long-term strategy to reduce disaster losses and break the cycle of disaster damage, reconstruction, and repeated damage. We benefit from the plan by:
1. Identifying cost effective actions for risk reduction that are agreed upon by stakeholders and the public.
2. Focusing resources on the greatest risk and vulnerabilities.
3. Building partnerships by involving people, organizations, and businesses.
4. Increasing education and awareness of hazards and risk.
5. Communicating priorities to state and federal officials.
6. Aligning risk reduction with other community objectives.
This plan is required for us to have to receive some federal dollars after a disaster and could greatly help us in the future.
The next meetings that are scheduled are;
City of Rudd – Rudd City Call, 7:00PM, July 29th, 2014
City of Marble Rock – Marble Rock City Hall, 7:00PM, August 4th, 2014