Mason City Man Dies In House Fire

8593053051_2b527c0a12_fire-truck

Mason City, Iowa (AP) – A 24-year-old man has died in a Mason City house fire that was started by unattended food cooking on a stove.

Mason City Fire Department officials say Ackhasenh Cavan died as a result of the accidental Sunday morning blaze.

Firefighters found Cavan outside the house when they arrived. He was given medical aid before being taken to a Mason City hospital, where he was declared dead.

The fire damage was contained to the kitchen and living room, with some smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.

About Chris Berg 1352 Articles
Chris was born in Webster City and raised in Charles City. As a young kid, he would always be caught singing along to songs on the radio. He says he's good at karaoke but we think otherwise. ;) In his free time, he enjoys beginning new projects at home and hardly ever finishing them. Chris lives in Charles City with his wife Vicki and a daughter Brynlee.