Mason City, Iowa (AP) – One person has been hurt in an apartment fire in Mason City.
The fire occurred Tuesday night. Firefighters were called to the apartment just before 7:30 p.m. on a report of a stove exploding, but officials say it was actually a grease fire.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames, and one person was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
The medical condition and name of the person injured have not been released.
Officials say the unit suffered about $1,000 in damage.