Mason City, Iowa – A Cedar Rapids man is facing numerous charges after leading Mason City Police on a chase early Wednesday morning.
Police say a resident reported his home was being burglarized in the 1300 block of 10th Street Southeast at about 6:02am.
By the time officers arrived on the scene, 23-year-old Thomas Nodie Du’Ane West took off in his car, leading officers on a high-speed chase.
West later struck a parked vehicle near the intersection of 8th Street and South Caroline Avenue. West again lost control of his vehicle at the intersection of Sixth Street and South Delaware Avenue, leaving the road and striking a street sign. The vehicle sustained disabling damage and West fled on foot. He was arrested in the Hardee’s parking lot shortly afterward.
West was taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa for minor injuries.
West is now facing numerous charges, including:
- Felony third-degree burglary
- Felony eluding law enforcement
- Misdemeanor operating under the influence – first offense
- Misdemeanor interference with official acts resulting in injury
- Failure to maintain control
- Leaving scene of an accident – property damage
West was booked in Cerro Gordo County Jail where he is held on four bonds totaling $12,000. No court date has been set.