News

House left as ‘total loss’ during chilled Charles City house fire

A Charles City house fire enticed 4 area departments (Charles City, Floyd, Colwell and Nashua) to 207 9th Ave. yesterday. The fire was reportedly caused by the owner burning incense in the home. 

The Charles City Fire Rescue Facebook page posted a thank you to the area departments and wrote, “Unfortunately, we had to fight a house fire today in very cold temperatures. Fighting any type of fire is really never something we want to do, but it is always more difficult in these weather conditions.”

The house is most likely too waterlogged and scorched to be reconstructed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Melrose

Carter bullied his way onto the KCHA radio waves after spending 4 years at the University of Iowa as a studying journalist. He writes news, short stories, features, but more than anything, he has a proclivity to wax philosophically.
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consder supporting us by disabling your ad blocker
X