With ample room to avoid clustering, outdoors has become the safe haven for socially isolated Iowans. And golf might be the cure. The city of Charles City is allowing the Wildwood Golf Course and Parks to open on schedule – with some added procedures and rules.
Clubhouse rule updates:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (such as shortness of breath, fever, or cough don’t come to the course.
- Clubhouse will remain open 10-5.
- Tee times will be open all day. Call the clubhouse if you need to request a different time.
- One patron and one employee are allowed in the clubhouse at a time.
- No sitting at the bar or at a table.
- Employees will disinfect the clubhouse every hour.
- Bathrooms will be open in the clubhouse.
Golf course updates:
- Tee times will be made with increments of 10 minutes.
- Golfers can only golf one round for every tee time – multiple tee times can be booked each day.
- Carts will be disinfected after each round of golf.
- Raised cups to prevent touching the flag poles.
- No sand bunker rakes. You can still play from sand or take a drop.
- No ball washers on the course.
A release from the city reads: “City of Charles City including Wildwood Golf Course and Park is following social distancing rules with all facilities and requests all patrons to follow the six-foot social distancing guidelines at the club house and on the course until further notice.”