The Floyd County Fair is being cut down a bit this year. All ground entertainment and grandstand attractions are cancelled for the 2020 fair. Like many other events in the area, this is due to the consultation of Floyd County Public Health.
A Facebook post from the Floyd County Fair page reads:
“This decision was not made lightly, as we want nothing more than to have the fair. However, our volunteers, spectators, entertainers, vendors, youth exhibitors health and safety are our main concerns.”
The fair is scheduled for July 15-19 and the board is discussing with contractors to maybe reschedule some of the cancelled events for the fall.
As for the rest of the fair events, the board released a list of rules and plans:
- All livestock shows will be held in a Show and Go format. No overnight stalling will be allowed and each species will show on a separate day to ensure proper sanitizing procedures can take place between shows.
- Static exhibits will be dropped off and judged based on write-up only; no face-to-face judging will take place.
- Fair queen contest will be held at this time with number restrictions put in place. The Lil Miss & Mr. competition has been canceled.
- All grandstand events and ground acts are canceled at this time.
- No commercial exhibits will be allowed.
- No camping will be allowed on the grounds.
The shows will also be making a live-stream appearance on the Floyd County Fair Facebook page.