The ‘Century Farm Program’ is an Iowa Department of Agriculture program that honors those individuals who have owned the farm land for 100 years or more – and the ‘Heirtage Award’? Honors those who have owned their farm for more than 150.
This year, Floyd County has several winners of the Century Farm Program:
- Brenda, Dennis, and Pamala Dight out of Charles City (1920-2020)
- Dennis and Tracy Wiebke out of Nashua (1920-2020)
And only one winner of the Heiritage Farm Program:
- Gerald Gabel out of Rockford (1870-2020)
Chickasaw County had many Century winners but no Heirtage farms in 2020:
- Joachim Prairie Farms LLC, Alta Vista (1892-2020)
- Andy Meyer out of Waukcama (1885-2020)
- Cletus and Doris Ries out of New Hampton (1910-2020)
- Clifford Schilling out of Nashua (1919-2020)
- Ann Webster out of Lawler (1920-2020)
All of these farms will be honored and recognized at the 2021 State Fair.