Another swift reminder, September is ‘Suicide Awareness Month’. According to Regional Health Services of Howard County, the elderly might be the most at risk for depressive behavior due to the residual effects of this pandemic.
The key phrase?
That’s Lindsay Irvine. For people over the age of 65, Regional Health Services of Howard County might be the antidote. After an assessment, people can sign up to meet with counselors via Zoom each week.
The signs somebody might need contact Regional Health Services:
- Recently experienced a traumatic event
- Lost a spouse or close family member
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Changes in appetite
- Difficulty sleeping or changes in sleep patterns
- Loss of energy
- Feelings of sadness or grief lasting more than two weeks
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
This program is covered 100% by medicare and a secondary insurance.
And this month, Regional Health Services of Howard County is focusing on suicide.