The coronavirus is still among the public – and it has killed 8 Floyd County residents in the past few weeks. To put this in perspective, in the prior 6 months of the pandemic the virus had killed only 3 people.
In better news, the case count in Floyd County has been slowing down recently:
- Between September 25th and October 16th there were 67 new cases of the virus – for about 3 new cases per day.
- To compare, the first 24 days of September revealed 117 cases of the virus for almost 5 new cases per day.
In Chickasaw County, the death count has held steady at 1 for a couple of months now.
However, the virus count has gone up pretty steadily:
- Between September 25th and October 16th 71 new cases were reported – averaging out at a little over 3 new cases per day.
Highest case count days in Chickasaw County in September:
- September 8th – 23 cases
- September 15th – 16 cases
- September 21st – 12 cases
Highest in October:
- October 2nd – 6 cases
- October 5th – 5 cases
- October 8th – 5 cases