Where is the candy? The only truly important question for any child on Halloween. In our yearly attempt to appease the candy needs of our listeners we created a list of sugar opportunities.
This year seems to be limited when it comes to events due to safety concerns:
In Charles City, All Hallow’s Eve starts tonight:
- Drive-Thru Spookwalk on Thursday, October 29th, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Children and their families will stay safely in their vehicles and slowly drive though the first three blocks of North Jackson Street to enjoy costumed characters, decorations and displays by local businesses and organizations on either side of the road. At the end of Central Park, each child age 12 and under in the vehicle will receive a free treat bag.
- The city of Charles City trick-or-treating on Saturday, October 31st from 5:30-7:30 p.m. – This year’s Halloween experience will have some ground rules:
- Households should opt-in to trick-or-treating by turning on their porch lights that night
- Residents are recommended to wear a mask when handing out candy
- Residents should hand out candy individually, rather than a collective bowl
3.Trinity Treats Drive-Thru on Saturday, October 31st from 5-9 p.m. – Bring your kids for a fun and safe Trick or Treating experience indoors! Don’t miss out on the fun. The event is at Trinity United Methodist Church (601 Milwaukee St in Charles City).
In New Hampton the Halloween Parade is cancelled but:
- The city of New Hampton trick-or-treating on Saturday, October 31st from 2-5 p.m – The city asks households to get an orange pumpkin from the Park and Rec department and put it out in front of your property to signal to the children that they can knock on your door on Halloween.
- Trunk or Treat on Saturday, October 31st from 2-3:30 p.m. – The Harvest Church (481 South Linn Ave.) is putting on an event to simply get kids some candy! They promise there will be nothing gross or scary at the event. There is no sign up required and it is free to the public.
If we missed any event, post it in the comments and we will update the list!