To travel for the holidays or to stay home – a question that everyone is being forced to answer this week and again in December. For those that are traveling for Thanksgiving, the Iowa Department of Public Health has already created a COVID-19 travel guide for you.
Things to consider:
- Traveling in your own vehicle will reduce exposure to COVID-19; if you need to travel commercially or publicly, avoid traveling during busy times
- Bring a small personal disinfecting kit which should include hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and extra masks
- Consider using single-use utensils when eating with guests over
- Consider designating a room in the house for guests or family members who have symptoms of the virus
- Avoid high-risk holiday shopping like large in-person sales promotions
The release ended by adding some other miscellaneous considerations such as considering holding special remote gatherings or small gatherings at home.