NewsPolitics & Government

City of Charles City asks community to consider joining boards and commissions

The City of Charles City is taking applications for various city board and commission appointments for the following year. The City of Charles City appreciates diversity in these appointments and welcomes all applicants at least 18 years of age.

A brief description follows:

Board of Adjustment:  Five member board to review city zoning ordinance and hear requests for variances or special exceptions to the ordinance.

Planning & Zoning Commission: Seven member commission to review and enforce city zoning ordinance and make recommendations on any proposed changes.

Park Board: Seven member board to provide guidance and oversee operations of city parks and open spaces.

Historic Preservation Commission: Seven member board to safeguard the City’s historic heritage by preserving sites and districts of historic and cultural significance and promote the use of such sites and districts within the city

Housing and Redevelopment Authority Board of Commissioners – Five member board that exercises the administrative functions on behalf of the Council necessary to implement all subsidized housing projects and act in an advisory capacity to the Housing Executive Director, City Administrator and City Council on all issues concerning public housing programs

Electrical Board – Three member board to ensure the competency of all individuals or entities engaging in electrical work and electrical contracting within the corporate limits.  At least one member shall be a licensed electrical contractor and at least one shall be a licensed journeyman electrician.

Building Trades Advisory Board – Three member board comprised of members who are qualified by experience and training to pass on matters pertaining to building construction

The Mayor and City Council are always looking for people interested in serving the community.  Applications are required and can be obtained at the City Clerk’s office at City Hall, 105 Milwaukee Mall.  Additional information may be obtained by calling 641-257-6300.



Back to top button