Close to $10,000 is tabbed to be distributed to 10 non-profits in the Mitchell and Howard County areas.
The Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa is going to be awarding the Mitchell and Howard County areas about $9,500 through 2020 grants.
The foundation funds nonprofits that focus on education and the environment. President Kaye Englin says:
“The Mitchell and Howard County Opportunity Fund was established in 2001 by an anonymous donor with the intent of providing financial support for Mitchell and Howard County nonprofit organizations. We are proud to be able to connect passionate people with causes that are important to them to make an impact in their local community.”
The education grants given out:
- Firefighters of Elma, $1,000
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois, $1,000
- Howard County Historical Society, $500
- Notre Dame Church and School, $1,000; Regional Health Services of Howard County, $1,000
- Riceville Ambulance Service, $1,000
And environmental grants were:
- The City of Elma, Elma Splash Pad, $1,000
- Fish and Game Club, $1,000
- Northeast Iowa Food Bank, $1,000
- Wapsi-Great Western Line Trail Association, $1,000