And now middle school gyms in Iowa can be packed for events.
Based on Gov. Kim Reynolds proclamations last week, the New Hampton School District has updated their spectator guidelines for middle school athletics:
- All spectators are welcome to attend middle school events that are held in the middle school gym
- Families are required to sit together and socially distance
- No organized student sections are allowed
- Bleachers with tape on them are restricted for sitting as to help with distancing
- No food or drink in the gym
- All students that are middle school or younger need to be with a parent or family member
- Home and away sections will be clearly marked and communicated
The New Hampton Schools also reminds people that individual districts may have different guidelines for their facilities. Parents will receive these guidelines from coaches before each away game.