Winter Storm Warning WINTER STORM WARNING - Cerro Gordo County  - Worth County
Winter Weather Advisory WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY - Bremer County  - Butler County  - Cerro Gordo County  - Chickasaw County  - Fayette County  - Floyd County  - Franklin County  - Howard County  - Mitchell County  - Winneshiek County  - Worth County
NewsOutdoors

Unattended Cooking Leads to Fire Call for Charles City Firefighters

There were minor damages from a Saturday night fire in Charles City.

Charles City Fire and Rescue says the fire at a home in the 400 block of South Jackson Street at about 10:30 p.m. was a result of food cooking on a stovetop left unattended. One person was in the home at the time along with three dogs and all were able to escape. The resident was evaluated by AMR Ambulance personnel, but was released on scene.  

CCFD firefighters removed the container on the stove from the residence, and then completed ventilation of smoke from the home. There was moderate smoke damage throughout the home, with NO water or fire damage with the fire contained to the contents of the container on the stove with no extension of the fire to the structure.

Floyd and Colwell Fire Departments and Floyd County EMA also assisted at the scene.

Mark Pitz

News Director/Weekdays 10am to 2pm on 95.9 KCHA
ADVERTISEMENT

Back to top button