Voting Locations Altered Slightly for March 1st Special Elections in Floyd County
Voters head to the polls next week in special elections to decide on one-cent local option sales and service taxes (LOSST) for the City of Charles City and unincorporated areas of Floyd County.
County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Gloria Carr says voting centers will be used on Tuesday, which allows any eligible voter to cast their ballot at any of the eight centers, which will be in the usual precinct locations, with one exception.
Carr adds there’s also an adjustment for anyone casting their ballot at the courthouse.
Polls will be open Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Absentee ballots can be cast in person at the auditor’s office in the courthouse Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and this Friday and Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Carr reminds voters that there are two, separate, LOST taxes on the ballot. Charles City voters will decide Public Measure A, while voters in the unincorporated areas of Floyd County will decide Public Measure B.
If approved, each LOST tax for Charles City and Floyd County would go into effect for 10 years starting January 1st, 2023. All revenue for Floyd County will be used for road projects while Charles City will spend 90% on streets and 10% on public safety.
A list of voting center locations can be found below.
WHERE DO YOU VOTE FOR THE MARCH 1 LOCAL OPTION SALES AND SERVICE TAX ELECTION?
Vote centers will be used for this election. Eligible voters may cast his/her ballot on Election Day at any vote center. The eight polling places (VOTE CENTERS) are:
* Charles City Courthouse (in the new Emergency Operating Center – use the new atrium entrance to the courthouse)
* Messiah Lutheran Church, 705 3rd Ave, Charles City
* Trinity United Methodist Church, 601 Milwaukee St, Charles City
* Floyd Community Center, 706 Fairfield St, Floyd
* Marble Rock Public Library, 122 Main St N, Marble Rock
* Nora Springs City Hall/Community Center, 45 N Hawkeye Ave, Nora Springs
* Rockford City Hall/Community Center, 206 Main Ave, Rockford
* Floyd County Fairgrounds, Youth Enrichment Center building
(THE CEDAR VALLEY TRANSPORTATION CENTER WILL NOT BE A POLLING PLACE FOR THIS ELECTION.)