Website ATEK Metal Technologies
State Of The Art In The Art Of Metal
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment, and wiring in our industrial manufacturing plant. Work will involve testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of the electrical components.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely development and implementation of new and used equipment, process improvement, and building enhancement.
- Create PLC programs and integration systems for new and used equipment.
- Ordering and maintaining inventory for projects.
- Working closely with venders and other skill trades
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required fabrication and installation on equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust when necessary.
- Perform PLC trouble shooting.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervises: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Must pass ATEK Functional Job Analysis and Pre- Employment Drug Screen for Maintenance Electrician position
- Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Maintenance.
- National Career Readiness Certificate Preferred
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Frequent exposure to foundry like environment (high heat, dust, etc.)
- Some jobs require an employee to work outdoor in unfavorable climate.
- May be asked to travel within or out of the continental united states
To apply for this job please visit atekcompanies.com.