Charles City, Iowa – A program called Darkness to Light is designed to teach awareness of child abuse and how to intercept or prevent it from occurring. The program was recently presented in Charles City primarily to mentors in the Caring Connections organization. Carol Goddard was one of the presenters and says it is such…
College basketball is on a lot of people’s minds this time of year, especially with the Sweet 16 starting tonight. We will cover some college football however during this sports report. The Iowa football team opens spring drills without Jake Rudock at quarterback. The two year starter for the Hawkeyes may be transferring after C.J.…
Dr. Rulan S. Hansen, DVM, age 93, of Decorah, Iowa, died Thursday morning, March 26, 2015 at Winneshiek Medical Center in Decorah. Funeral Services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at Fjelstul Funeral Home in Decorah. Graveside Services will be at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, April 4, 2015 in Annis Little Butte…
Charles City, Iowa – The Charles City City Council and Staff will hold a work session on Wednesday February 11th beginning at 7pm in the council chambers at City Hall. Click Here for the agenda.
- Campaign says cutting sugared drinks can improve your health March 27, 2015Almost one in every three Iowans is obese, according to the latest rankings, and what we’re drinking can be just as fattening as what we’re eating. Carol Voss, a registered dietician and a nutritionist with the Iowa Department of Public Health, says just one 12-ounce soda contains around 150 calories and 40 grams of sugar, […]Matt Kelley
- ‘Iowa Flag Day’ celebration in Knoxville tomorrow March 27, 2015Knoxville is hosting “Iowa Flag Day” festivities tomorrow at the childhood home of the woman who designed the flag nearly a century ago. Dixie Cornell Gebhardt was a Knoxville native who designed the flag for a regiment of Iowa National Guard soldiers who were serving along the U.S./Mexican border in 1917. “The General Assembly then adopted her design […]O. Kay Henderson
- Iowa’s two major parties collaborate to produce ‘timely, accurate’ Caucus results March 27, 2015The leaders of Iowa’s two major political parties will soon announce a plan for releasing timely, accurate electronic results of the 2016 Iowa Caucuses. The precinct caucuses are not elections, but are run by the two parties. The 2012 results from Iowa Republicans were jumbled. Mitt Romney was declared the winner on Caucus Night, by […]O. Kay Henderson
- Winnebago to open plant in Waverly to make parts March 27, 2015Winnebago Industries is expanding its presence in Iowa. The Forest City-based recreational vehicle manufacturer plans to open a subassembly plant in Waverly. Winnebago CEO Randy Potts says no jobs will be lost at the Forest City plant and calls the move an opportunity for the company to find workers that they are having trouble finding […]Radio Iowa Contributor
- State unemployment rate drops again in February March 27, 2015The state’s unemployment rate continues on its downward trend with February dropping down to 4.1-percent from January’s rate of 4.2-percent. Iowa Workforce Development spokesperson, Kerry Koonce, says it’s the fifth straight month with a drop. “We continue to see drops in the number of people who are unemployed. We are down 4,000 from a year […]Dar Danielson
- Investigators probe co-pilot's life, secrets March 28, 2015Investigators are expected to question the Germanwings co-pilot's relatives, friends and co-workers to try to find out what happened. FULL STORY | The victims | Cockpit rules change | Complete coverage
- NCAA: Duke, Michigan State advance March 28, 2015Gonzaga used to be the cool pick to score an upset in the early rounds of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. In recent years, the Mark Few-coached Bulldogs have been one of the teams that could win it all.
- Saudis make gains in Yemen March 28, 2015In just a few weeks, good relations with neighbors have become a matter of survival for Yemen's President Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi.
- What atheists want you to know March 28, 2015Four people who consider themselves atheists answer tough questions about their beliefs.
- Workers at the crash site face grim, dangerous task March 28, 2015Working in pairs, rescue workers at the site of the crash of Flight 9525 must contend with high winds and treacherous terrain. FULL STORY | The victims | Cockpit rules change | Complete coverage
- Driver passed out behind wheel on freeway March 28, 2015A California woman passes out while behind the wheel as her vehicle is on a freeway. KGTV's Steve Fiorina reports.
- Actress apologizes after claiming racial profiling March 28, 2015Actress Taraji P. Henson apologized Friday for claiming her son was racially profiled during a traffic stop in Southern California last year.
- Train beating linked to Ferguson? March 28, 2015When one man sat down next to a second man in a St. Louis light rail car late Monday and asked him his opinion on the shooting of Michael Brown, it was not the beginning of a discussion.
- Hernandez fiancée: I hid box March 28, 2015The fiancée of former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez said at a hearing Friday that she was asked to conceal a box and take it out of her Massachusetts home after the murder of Odin Lloyd in 2013.
- Former sitcom star arrested March 28, 2015On "Family Matters" we knew him as Eddie Winslow. This week, as inmate 402282.