New Hampton, Iowa – The Airport Lake Park in Chickasaw County is getting some long awaited improvements. County Naturalist Matt Crayne says they are taking bids on the new shower house project which they plan to have finished later this summer: They hope to be able to keep improving the area, but Crayne says some…
The Rockford and Nashua Plainfield girls golf teams were in action Friday as part of a Corn Bowl Conference quadrangular at the Buffalo Run Golf Course in Nora Springs along with Central Springs and Northwood Kensett. Rockford took first place as a team with 175 team strokes, and Nashua was not far behind as they…
Kevin Patterson, 51, of Charles City died Thursday, April 23, 2015 at Saint Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota. A memorial service will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday April 30, 2015 at Hauser Funeral Home. Pastor Dennis Niezwaag will officiate. Friends may call Hauser Funeral home an hour prior to the service on Thursday. Kevin Erwin…
Charles City, Iowa – The Floyd County Supervisors will hold their regular meeting on Tuesday April 28th, 2015 beginning at 9:00am in the Floyd County Courthouse Board Room. Items on the agenda include: Approve agenda Public Comment Review/Action regarding approval of April 13 and 14, 2015 minutes Review/Action regarding approval of claims Review/Action regarding appointment…
- Nine Republicans in 2016 field speak in Waukee church April 26, 2015Nine Republicans who will likely compete for the GOP’s 2016 presidential nomination spoke to hundreds of evangelical Christians Saturday evening at a church in Waukee. The Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition’s event featured the three U.S. senators who are officially in the race. Kentucky Senator Rand Paul told the crowd it was time to “push […]O. Kay Henderson
- Governor Walker: a national ‘Right to Work’ law a ‘legitimate’ goal April 25, 2015Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker says he has the “courage…and capacity” to take on powerful interests, including unions, at the federal level. Walker, a Republican who is likely to enter the presidential race soon, signed a “right to work” law in Wisconsin this year and he sees a need for a similar federal law. “As much […]O. Kay Henderson
- Reconstruction of Lake Delhi passes one year April 25, 2015The reconstruction of Lake Delhi’s dam got underway one year ago on April 24th. It marked the beginning of the physical process of bringing the lake back after the dam breached and the lake drained in the historic 2010 flood. Lake Delhi Trustee Pat Colgan says, one year later, they’re making some significant progress. Colgan […]Radio Iowa Contributor
- Gravel roads impacted by temperature changes April 25, 2015The change from winter to springtime temperatures and recent rains have combined to create some dangerous conditions on many of Iowa’s rural gravel roads. Dusty Rolando, the engineer for Chickasaw and Floyd Counties, says road crews all over the state are dealing with the annual problem known as frost boils. They’re essentially defective spots in […]Radio Iowa Contributor
- Iowa’s governor signs visitation law inspired by Casey Kasem case April 24, 2015Iowa has passed a groundbreaking law that gives family members a new legal avenue to use if they’re blocked from seeing a relative who is incapacitated. The law is inspired by the case of Casey Kasem, the legendary radio DJ who was host of “America’s Top 40.” Kerri Kasem, his oldest daughter, was at the […]O. Kay Henderson
- Video shows moment of avalanche on Mount Everest April 26, 2015New video shows the moment an avalanche strikes on Mount Everest after an 8.4 magnitude earthquake in Nepal.
- Scuffles at Baltimore protests April 26, 2015Shop owners are paying a price for rage over Freddie Gray's death in police custody. The vast majority of protesters who took to Baltimore's streets late Saturday were peaceful, but the handful who weren't left behind shards, rubble, and dents.
- Nepal quake kills, traps climbers on Mount Everest April 26, 2015People tried to outrun the wall of snow, ice and rocks roaring down the side of the world's tallest mountain. Many didn't make it. FULL STORY | MAJOR AFTERSHOCK | DANGERS FOR RESCUERS
- Photos: Avalanche on Everest April 26, 2015
- Man gets mauled by bears twice on same trail April 26, 2015A Washington man was attacked by a bear for the second time while walking his dog. CNN affiliate KOMO has more.
- 4 boaters missing in storm April 26, 2015At least six people are missing after a severe storm capsized several sailboats in Mobile Bay, Alabama, Saturday afternoon during a regatta, said Coast Guard Public Information Officer Carlos Vega.
- Mom pens her own heartbreaking obituary April 26, 2015A Massachusetts woman wrote her own moving obituary before she lost her years-long battle with cancer. CNN affiliate WFXT reports.
- Bruce Jenner: I have the 'soul of a female' April 26, 2015Former Olympian Bruce Jenner tells Diane Sawyer in an ABC News exclusive that he is a woman.
- Unarmed man paralyzed after police shooting April 26, 2015CNN's Alina Machado reports on a police dashcam video that shows an officer shooting an unarmed suspect in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Quadruple rainbow awes New York April 26, 2015It was a busy week for trending stories. If you weren't online much, here's some of the best of what you missed: