DES MOINES, IOWA – The Safe at Home Act, a top priority of Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate, passed the Iowa House Thursday with overwhelming support. The bill, House File 585, received unanimous approval from legislators, 100-0. The Safe at Home Act establishes an address confidentiality program that protects victims of domestic abuse, sexual…
College basketball is on a lot of people’s minds this time of year, especially with the Sweet 16 starting tonight. We will cover some college football however during this sports report. The Iowa football team opens spring drills without Jake Rudock at quarterback. The two year starter for the Hawkeyes may be transferring after C.J.…
Robert “Bob” Hammer, 78, of Charles City, died Wednesday, March 25, 2015, at his home in Charles City. According to family wishes there will be no services. Robert LeRoy Hammer, the son of Oscar and Mildred (Knowlton) Hammer, was born on August 5, 1936 in Lady Smith, WI. He graduated from Charles City High School…
Charles City, Iowa – The Charles City City Council and Staff will hold a work session on Wednesday February 11th beginning at 7pm in the council chambers at City Hall. Click Here for the agenda.
- Senate committee votes 9-5 in favor of medical marijuana bill March 26, 2015A bill that would legalize the use of marijuana as treatment for certain medical conditions that cause seizures, chronic pain and nausea has cleared a Senate Committee on a 9-5 vote this afternoon, but faces key opposition in the Iowa House. Senator Joe Bolkcom, a Democrat from Iowa City, has patterned the bill after laws […]O. Kay Henderson
- UNI hosts emergency response fair March 26, 2015The University of Northern Iowa held the first ever emergency response fair sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency today on the campus in Cedar Falls. FEMA Region Seven spokesperson David Gervino says UNI is a good place for the so-called Ready Campus event. “We just supply some best practices and ideas for the event […]Dar Danielson
- Winnebago sees revenue below projections in second quarter March 26, 2015A recreational vehicle manufacturer in northern Iowa is reporting weaker-than-anticipated results for the second quarter. Forest City-based Winnebago Industries reports revenue climbed by 2.5-percent when compared to last year to $234.5 million, but analysts were projecting a profit of $253.3 million. Winnebago CEO Randy Potts dismisses the projections, saying the company is headed in the […]Radio Iowa Contributor
- House endorses ‘Safe at Home’ program for some Iowa crime victims March 26, 2015Domestic abuse victims trying to keep their “ex” from finding out where they’ve moved would get some help from the “Safe at Home Act” that cleared the Iowa House today. “This bill will be a step forward in our work to assist the victims of domestic and sexual violence,” said Representative Dean Fisher, a Republican from […]O. Kay Henderson
- Cyclone coach sees offense improving under second year of Mangino March 26, 2015Iowa State football coach Paul Rhoads hopes the Cyclone offense can make bigger strides in the second spring practice under offensive coordinator Mark Mangino. ISU ranked eighth in the Big 12 last season by averaging just over 23 points per game. “I think there are certain parts of it that allow us to take bigger […]Todd Kimm
- Blast collapses buildings in New York's East Village March 27, 2015
- Fans hysterical after Zayn quits One Direction March 27, 2015Watch One Direction fans sob after Zayn quits. CNN's Jeanne Moos rounds up the best of the tears and jeers.
- Girls behind bars tell their stories March 27, 2015When photographer Richard Ross wants to talk to a child at a juvenile detention center, he knocks on their cell door. He asks them if he can come inside.
- Uncle rocks sparkly princess dress for niece March 27, 2015A 25-year-old man dressed up in a sparkly dress to take his niece to see "Cinderalla" after she said she was nervous to wear hers to the theater.
- Boyfriend says kidnapping not a hoax March 27, 2015The reported kidnapping of a Vallejo, California, woman for ransom this week was nothing but a hoax, police said.
- NASA launching history-making mission March 27, 2015NASA astronaut Scott Kelly is preparing to leave Earth for a very long time -- and to make U.S. spaceflight history. On Friday at 3:42 p.m. ET, Kelly will ride a Russian Soyuz rocket to the International Space Station and stay there nearly a year, twice as long as any U.S. astronaut has ever stayed […]
- Sex attack filmed on subway March 27, 2015A man has been charged with first degree aggravated sexual abuse after police say video shows him attacking a sleeping passenger on the subway.
- Saudis: We could build nukes March 26, 2015The Saudi Ambassador to the United States would not rule out the possibility of the Saudis creating their own nuclear bomb to counterbalance a nuclear-armed Iran in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.
- New to Netflix, Amazon for April March 26, 2015Spring is in the air and streaming movies, TV shows and specials will be here to further brighten our days.
- Autopilot set to crash plane, data analysis shows March 26, 2015The co-pilot of Germanwings Flight 9525 purposely crashed the plane into the French Alps on Tuesday, killing all 150 people on board, officials said Thursday. FULL STORY | Co-pilot suspected | 8-minute descent | The victims | 5 intentional crashes | Blow to Lufthansa | Opinion: Safety precaution flaw?